Automotive Air Conditioning repair and service in Burlington, ON
Your car's Heating and A/C systems do wear over time with use. Appropriate maintenance will not only help maintain your automobile cabin temperature for the comfort of you and your passengers, but will ensure maximum driver safety. The faster the response to an "air not blowing cold enough" condition general results in a lower cost to remedy problems. The Auto Station provides quality Burlington, ON auto repair services and proudly offers the best car A/C repair Burlington offers.
We offer full repair and service on both R134A and R1234YF air conditioning and automotive refrigerant systems!
What they do: Heating and A/C systems function to keep your vehicle cabin warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The air conditioning system additionally offers a dual function of working your defrost systems dehumidifier in the winter season.
Vehicle heating systems are comprised of a heating unit core that acts like a small radiator behind the dash. The cabin heating radiator is fed warm engine coolant via hoses that direct a small amount of flow from the vehicle cooling system. An air blower fan system operates behind the heating core to direct the warmth from the engine to the vehicle cabin, windshield defroster, etc., and can maintain comfortable driver/passenger conditions in all weather.
Air conditioning systems work similarly, by delivering compressed refrigerant through a heat exchanger called an evaporator core. Air is then forced over the cool evaporator and then blown into the cabin to maintain the driver/passenger environment.
Unlike residential heating and cooling systems, your car heater and A/C don't completely operate off electric parts. They make use of the engine's heat energy to provide warmth and the engine's rotational power to provide the AC compressor drive to permit refrigerant circulation and the cooling capacity to alter the cabin temperature.
Burlington, ON Car Air Conditioning Repair Service
Why service is essential: Heating and A/C systems both utilize fluids and heat exchange systems that need regular maintenance to perform. These systems include hoses, fittings, gaskets, and pipes that can obstruct and leak if not properly serviced. Leaky systems lead to both inadequate performance and expensive repair. Effective preventative maintenance and upkeep should keep your vehicle comfortable for you, your passengers, and protect your pocketbook from expensive repairs for the life of your vehicle.
The best ways to know if your heating and A/C are in need of service:
- If your air conditioning does not blow cold enough
- Air that blows in smells moist, rotten, or like mildew
- Your cabin heat does not blow warm enough, or is just somewhat warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer compared to normal to operate, blows in filthy air, or doesn't work
- Your heating unit or A/C only operates when driving, not when idling, or stops blowing when the automobile is idle
- Your heater blows chilly air, or the A/C blows warm
- At the maximum setting, your vents don't push out much air
A comprehensive assessment of heating and a/c systems includes:
- Checking the air intake, cabin air filter, interior vent system and blower fan
- Inspecting radiator coolant level, hose pipes, pressure cap and thermostat
- Examining the A/C compressor drive belt
- Checking for leaks or additional damages.
- A cooling system pressure examination to confirm proper balance
- Contrasting the air conditioning pressure to manufacturer specifications
- Testing the A/C system for refrigerant loss and system integrity
- Check the interior vent air temperature
The Auto Station offers quality car A/C Repair in Burlington, ON
Remember it's best to schedule your heating or air conditioning check prior to season start to guarantee you have the most comfortable driving experience by avoiding any problems. Call us soon to set up your next car A/C repair or service or any other Burlington, ON auto repair service.