Tire Repair in Burlington, ON
Flat Tires can happen. Usually when you're least prepared to be sidetracked. Although most vehicles are equipped with a roadside tire change kit they are often very difficult to access. In most cases, roadside assistance is called to the rescue. TPMS systems can really save the day as the driver is alerted to a dropping pressure and more often than not is provided with time to drive the vehicle to a repair facility.
Driving on a noticeably low or flat tire is highly discouraged. Low pressuer the permits side wall sag will induce the rim of the tire to rest on the tire tread or on the ground possibly triggering in loss of control of the automobile and irrecoverable damage to the tire. One of the most typical causes of a flat tire is piercing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, which allows air to escape. Depending on the dimension of the puncture, the tire might deflate slowly or swiftly. Which may result in the following problems:
- Damage to the valve stem;
- Damage to the sidewall of the tire
- Wheel or rim damage
- Severe tire damage
- Scrubbing of the tire against the roadway, ripping the tire, or separation of tire and rim by accident with additional objects;
- Extreme wear of the tire tread causing explosive tire failure or permitting roadway debris to tear through it
Some tires, particularly a slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated; others, particularly those from worn tread, need to be changed.
Burlington, ON Tire Repair
We encourage every driver to make a casual inspection of their vehicle tires weekly. Every fuel fill up is a perfect time. Here are some simple methods to catch tire issues before they become costly or unsafe. Making a simple, 5 second examination of each tire in a well-lit atmosphere can save a huge inconvenience and significant expense. Examine for un-even and un-equal tire wear, which may be induced by:
- Excessive or too little air pressure
- Problems with wheel alignment or tire balancing
- Problems with the suspension
- Unequal tire wear may indicate balance or alignment needs
- tire damage
Any of the above can be may require action -- quickly. Continued driving with a flat tire, especially at high speeds, may result in a fatal collision. These problems have the possibility to create a blowout, inducing a loss of control that can easily be incredibly unsafe.
- Splitting or protruding steel tire cord in sidewalls that might imply there is wear or weak point
- Foreign objects that penetrate into the tire (nails, screws, glass)
- Cracks in the tire base
- Separation of tread
The Auto Station does fast quality Tire Repair Burlington, ON
If you locate any of these issues, come see us for a thorough and speedy evaluation and tire repair. We'll inspect and adjust your air pressure, do a visual tire check, and return you to the road quickly. Call The Auto Station now to book service for any tire concerns you may have as we are proud to be your Burlington, ON auto repair service garage.